- Corporate Law.
- Banking and Financial Law.
- Tax Law.
- Administrative Law.
- Litigation and Arbitration.
- Lawyer, 1992. CatholicUniversity “Nuestra Señora de la Asunción”.
- Legis Master (LL.M.), 1994. Yale University Law School.
Spanish | English | Portuguese
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Member of the International Bar Association.
- Associate Member and Member of the Advisory Board of ITA (Institute for Transnational Arbitration) and Member to the ITA Board of Reporters.
- Executive Director of the Centre for Arbitration and Mediation, part of the Paraguayan National Chamber of Commerce and Services.
- Member of the Paraguayan-American Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Paraguayan Bar Association.
OTHER ACADEMIC AND PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Participated in an advanced course on “Banking and Capital Market Law” at the Université de Genéve, Faculté de Droit, June – July 1994.
- National Consultant for The Paraguayan Ministry of Industry and Commerce, contracted for the implementation of the “Reforms to the Regulatory Investment Framework” Sub-Program A, Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) May 1995 – March 1996.
- Organization of American States (OAS), Internship at the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights, Washington, D.C., U.S.A. August – November 1992.
- Worked as Secretariat Official at the Courthouse, Court of the First Instance for Civil and Commercial Matters, Asunción, Paraguay, October 1988 – September 1990.
- Participated at 27th Session The Hague Academy of International Law, External Programme, September – October 1998. Subjects addressed: territories of the States and their boundaries; recent aspects of arbitration between States; law of international watercourses; and the role of law in international economic integration.
- Assistant Professor of Public International Law at the Law School of the Catholic University “NuestraSeñora de la Asunción”, Paraguay.
- Member of the Organizing Committee to the SELA (Seminario en Latinomérica de Teoría Constitucional y Política). SELA is a joint project of Law Schools from Universities in Latin America, USA and Spain.
- Member of the Special Commission of Jurists, convened by the Chamber of Commerce Exchange in 2001 in order to formulate a Draft Bill on Dispute Resolution – currently known as Law 1879/02 on Arbitration and Mediation.
- “Free Trade in America?” presented as a “research paper” during a Master’s degree course at Yale Law School, May 1994. The paper analyses the current causes and implications for USA to change its relationship policy and sign trade agreements with countries in the South Hemisphere.
- “El ArbitrajeComercial; UnaAlternativapara la Administración de Justiciaen el Paraguay” (Commercial Arbitration: An alternative for Dispensation of Justice in Paraguay), a work published by the Paraguayan Law Review “La Ley”, January-March 1995.
- Servicios Financieros en el MERCOSUR” (Financial Services in MERCOSUR), a work presented at the 4th International Law Congress in Montevideo, Uruguay, in May 1995, and published by the Foundation of University Culture in June 1996.
- “El Arbitraje en el MERCOSUR” (arbitration in MERCOSUR), a work presented at the 5th International Law Congress held in Santiago, Chile, in August 1996, and published by the magazine “RevistaJurídica” of the Faculty of Legal and Diplomatic Sciences in the Catholic University in 1996.
- “La Cláusula Democrática del MERCOSUR” (Democratic Clause to MERCOSUR), a work presented at the 6h International Law Congress held in Santiago, Chile, in May 1997, and published by the University of Chile.
- Designado por el Gobierno Paraguayo como Árbitro para el Panel de Árbitros del CIADI (2010).
- Co-autor del Capítulo Paraguayo del libro: “LATIN AMERICAN INVESTMENT PROTECTIONS: COMPARATIVE PERSPECTIVES ON LAWS, TREATIES, AND DISPUTES FOR INVESTORS, STATES AND COUNSEL” (2012), Jonathan C. Hamilton (Editor), publicado por Martinus Nijhoff Publishers.
- Co-autor de “LA PREJUDICIALIDAD ADMINISTRATIVA EN EL PROCESO PENAL – TOMO”, un libro publicado por la División de Investigación, Legislación y Publicaciones de la Corte Suprema de Justicia del Paraguay.
- Viceministro de Comercio (2012). En dicha capacidad, designado como Coordinador del Equipo Negociador Paraguayo para las negociaciones con la empresa RIO TINTO ALCAN para el establecimiento de una planta de aluminio en el país.
- Ministro de Industria y Comercio (2013).
- Co-autor del Capítulo Paraguayo del libro: “RECOGNITION AND ENFORCEMENT OF INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL AWARDS IN LATIN AMERICA” (2014), Omar García-Bolivar y Hernando Otero (Editors), publicado por Brill Nijhoff.
- Ex Director del Centro de Arbitraje y Mediación – Paraguay.
- Co-autor del Capítulo Paraguayo del libro: “INVERSIONES EXTRANJERAS EN EL SECTOR ENERGÉTICO” (2016), Carlos Espluges-Mota (Editor), publicado por Tirant Lo Blanch.