“Mersan Abogados has an ‘excellent practice’ that handles a broad mix of trade mark, patent, copyright and domain name matters and is praised by clients as being ‘very proactive and knowledgeable’ ”.
Our Intellectual Property Department is comprised of attorneys who are experts and have plenty of experience in the different areas of intellectual and industrial property rights. We offer a broad range of services, including trademark clearance and registration, oppositions and litigation before the administrative and judicial instances, trademark, patent and industrial model surveillance, as well as services related to technology, such as data protection and privacy, matters that currently have an important influence over individuals and corporations.
With more than 60 years of experience, the same is currently headed by Dr. Hugo Mersan, whose expertise has been described as “solid and competent” by our clients and colleagues, aside from being one of the leading individuals in this area of practice in Paraguay.
We represent national and foreign clients in various industrial and service sectors, such as pharmaceutical industries, telecommunications, food and drinks, tobacco, automobiles, software and technology, chemicals and agro-industrial products, banking, as well as sports associations and confederations. We make an effort to offer them an excellent service, which is efficient, effective and designed to their particular needs.
Our services include the following:
- Counseling and analysis regarding protection of trademarks, patents, industrial models and designs, copyright and domain names, among others.
- Registration, maintenance and renewal of trademarks, patents, copyright, industrial models and designs, among other examples.
- Administrative Procedures before the National Office of Intellectual Property.
- Administrative Procedures regarding trademarks, patents, etc. before the Administrative Courts.
- Intellectual Property Litigation before the Judicial Courts.
- Cancellation Actions due to Non-Use and Nullity Actions.
- Registration of Trademarks before the Customs Office.
- Civil and Criminal Procedures regarding infringement of trademarks and other intellectual property rights; surveillance and online infringements; piracy.
- Advertisement and Rights of Publicity.
- Sports and Entertainment Law.
- Unfair Competition.
- Protección y Privacidad de Datos.
- License and Franchise Agreements.
- Data Protection and Privacy.
- Health registration of pharmaceutical, cosmetics, household cleaning products and foods and beverages.